Dressing For: Networking Events
Summer's here, and the networking happy hour season is just kicking off! With several events just around the corner for Working Girls, it's always good to have a go-to ensemble for networking that doesn't come off as too dressy or too casual, but just right. Here are four things to consider when putting together an outfit for your next big event:
• Black jeans - Black jeans are a closet staple, as they can be both dressed up and down, and are generally acceptable in the workplace. These will be perfect for post-work cocktails.
• Bold necklace - Instant glam - need we say more? We're loving the above pick from BaubleBar.
• Structured top - A classic top like a button-down or nice blouse is great to wear to networking events. Is the weather really hot? Consider opting for a sleeveless, yet tasteful, button-down.
• Strappy heels - Strappy heels for a little "boost" are a must, but make sure that you can walk around in them!
• Neutral bag - Make sure that you're carrying a stylish, neutral bag on your arm, stashed with tons of business cards.
What are your favorite looks for networking events? Let us know in a comment below!